This is the time people ramp up for their New Year's resolutions. Right on the heels of feeling guilt and shame over how excessive they have been during the holidays.
Every time you do that, start another diet and fail, you set yourself up for the very thing that drives you the most crazy. It's called dieting backlash.
Here is a little checklist to decide whether you're going to have another round of failed diets with its weight-loss/weight gain cycle, or if 2017 is the year you make a new choice to listen to your gut and make a lasting difference for yourself.
1. The thought of going on a diet brings on urges and cravings usually for "sinful" or "fatty" foods such as ice cream, chocolate or cookies.
2. When a diet ends, you go on a huge binge accompanied by feeling guilty.
3. You have little or no trust in self with food.
4. You don't feel you deserve to eat because of your weight.
5. You have S hortened tolerance for dieting duration.
6. You engage in "Last Supper" eating (which is bingeing because you fear you'll never have a particular food(s) again.)
7. You withdraw socially (no parties, dinners out, or choosing to "save up" calories for party.)
8. Sluggish metabolism.
9. Using caffeine to survive the day.
10. Eating disorders (anorexia, BED, bulimia, compulsive overeating).
That list makes me feel sad just reading it. It has been my life for too long and finally I have found a way out. Please join us on social media at #dreamsnotdrama. You're not alone.
Kim Halsey is a woman with more questions than answers. She is not a brand, a label, easily understood or readily ignored.
As a realistic optimist, Kim believes that we are bigger than whatever life can throw at us and better equipped than we know.
Her heart's desire is to create a safe place, be a safe person, and leave a path for others to follow.
Are you ready to stop dieting and start living?
Like Us, Link Us, Share Us