Could you be addicted to diets? Is that even a thing?
1. I wake up every morning and examine myself in the mirror or weight myself. This pretty much determines how good I feel about myself for the rest of the day?
2. There are a number of foods that I consider to be "off limits" b/c I can't trust myself around them?
3. I try not to eat breakfast, or too much during the day to limit my calorie intake, but I often lose control at night and eat a lot before bed?
4. I often eat alone or I like eating alone?
5. I try to avoid certain social situations because of food that will be there?
6. I base how I feel about myself on my weight?
7. There is a weight that I feel is correct for me and one that I feel is incorrect?
8. I have days when I don't want to leave the house b/c I am so ashamed of how I look?
9. I try to control the amount that I am eating by measuring or using small plates or bowls?
10. Sometimes I eat when I'm not hungry?
11. Sometimes I don't eat when I am extremely hungry?
12. I feel guilty after I feel that I've eaten too much?
13. When I feel that I have had too much to eat I think that the day is ruined?
14. I only allow myself a certain amount of calories per day?
15. (Follow up question to 14) If I go over the amount of calories that I am allowed per day I have less calories the next day?
16. I save calories/hunger by not eating until I am hungry at dinner so that I can have something sweet later?
17. When I am unhappy with my weight my first instinct is to restrict what I have eaten?
18. I often don't eat until I am full?
19. I eat a lot of snack foods or snack throughout the day instead of eating regular meals?
20. I have been on a diet at one or more times in my life?
21. My weight fluctuates, often over 10 lbs or more?
22. I have created a very rigid eating plan for myself?
If you have answered yes to 5 or more of these question it is likely that you are affected by dieting or the "dieting mindset".
See yourself or someone you love in this list? Share this post and your thoughts in the comments below.
Kim Halsey is a woman with more questions than answers. She is not a brand, a label, easily understood or readily ignored.
As a realistic optimist, Kim believes that we are bigger than whatever life can throw at us and better equipped than we know.
Her heart's desire is to create a safe place, be a safe person, and leave a path for others to follow.
Are you ready to stop dieting and start living?
Like Us, Link Us, Share Us