As a leader and facilitator, I have always taught the things I most needed to make permanent in my life. It is my style to blaze a new trail, bring along anyone who wants to share the journey, and leave a bread trail of step-by-step instructions for those adventurers who happen across the trail later. Intuitive eating is no different.
Each journey is as unique as your very own fingerprint. Combine that with the Fingerprint of God and you have an unbeatable combination.
Here is what I have learned so far:
1. There is no patent on "Intuitive Eating".
2. There are lots of people making lots of money on this just like any other weight loss remedy out there.
3. We can't turn this corner without being willing to completely transform our ways and our way of thinking.
4. We cannot do this alone.
5. I am appalled at how much these coaches want - and are getting paid - to translate the principles of this difficult read and baby step us through it.
6. Transformation is not the 30-day magical fix that most dieting females want. This shit is hard and I need fellow sojourners.
I chose to become certified as a way to cement the learning for myself more rapidly. Ha! Rapid means 1-2 years which is far longer than any book study group will last.
Unfortunately people only seem to value what they pay for. What's wrong with "for fun and for free"?
Kim Halsey is a human resource professional and executive coach who helps people overcome life damaging habits, restore important relationships, and live their dreams without drama.