Addiction is a pathological relationship with a mood-altering substance, event or thing that has life-damaging consequences. The top 5 addictions are alcohol, drugs, sex, food and gambling.
Beyond that, people in recovery tend to switch addictions frequently. They trade alcohol for meetings. Drugs for doughnuts. Gambling for internet. Sex for food - or vice versa.
Do You Have an "Addictive" Personality?
Are you "hooked" on something? Will you ever be?
Take this quick quiz and reach out if you have questions.
Answer Yes or No
1. Does your body or mind routinely crave a physical substance, such as cigarettes, alcohol, drugs, or food?
2. Do you often plug yourself into an activity for emotional catharsis (relief or escape), such as watching television, having sex, gambling, pornography, obsessional ideas, or risk taking?
3. Are you easily tempted, in love with sensation, frequently bored, or need to belong?
4. Is it difficult for you to find simple fulfillment?
5. Do you often feel shame or guilt or loneliness or despair?
6. Do you hunger for something that's beyond your reach?
7. Are you rebellious of authority?
8. Are you significantly overweight?
9. Do you drink a lot of caffeine?
10. Are you prone to excess?
Kim Halsey is a woman with more questions than answers. She is not a brand, a label, easily understood or readily ignored.
As a realistic optimist, Kim believes that we are bigger than whatever life can throw at us and better equipped than we know.
Her heart's desire is to create a safe place, be a safe person, and leave a path for others to follow.
Are you ready to stop dieting and start living?
Like Us, Link Us, Share Us