Here's a little self-test to see if you are prone to addiction.
1. Does your body or mind routinely crave a physical substance, such as cigarettes, alcohol, drugs, or food?
2. Do you often plug yourself into an activity for emotional catharsis (relief or escape), such as watching television, having sex, gambling, pornography, obsessive ideas, or risk taking?
3. Are you easily tempted, in love with sensation, frequently bored, or need to belong?
4. Is it difficult for you to find simple fulfillment?
5. Do you often feel shame or guilt or loneliness or despair?
6. Do you hunger for something that's beyond your reach?
7. Are you rebellious of authority?
8. Do you drink a lot of caffeine?
9. Are you prone to excess?
And for your journal this week:
If someone could wave a magic wand, what one thing would you wish to be free of?
Kim Halsey is a Human Resource professional, author, speaker, and Executive Coach certified in multiple disciplines to help people overcome life damaging habits and restore family relationships.